Do you ever feel you are just going in circles in your life and not headed forward into the life God has planned for you?
Do you keep trying and trying to do this or that with your life, or your walk with God, or your relationship with others and yet you don’t reach your goals, you never get to the place you are striving to reach?
Are things in your life and lives of people you care about not going the way you think they should?
Are you losing control of your finances, your health, your time or your goals?
I was reading an article in the February 2013 Missions Mosaic magazine. It is a Woman’s Missionary Union magazine. I love it!
But this article, “Who’s in Control?” really got me to thinking!
Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Now with this verse in mind, let’s change our questions.
Do we let God direct which way we should go in life?
Do we let God have control?
What does have control mean to you? To me it means He makes the decisions, choices and shows the way. I am simply to follow and obey.
So do we let god make the decisions about:
- Who we are friends with?
- How we talk to others?
- What should we be doing to be healthy?
- What to do with our time?
- What are our goals?
- When do we get up, go to bed, what do we eat, read, watch on TV…..?
- Do we worry? Is that right?
- What is our tongues doing that we let Him have control of? (Ouch!)
Does this seem extreme to you? the verse says, “in all your ways”. God is God, and He just does not tell us to “sometimes do this or that, or if you feel like it do this or that!”
God is extreme! He extremely loves us! He extremely died for us! We are extremely on His mind! He has extreme plans for us!
But we have to give Him the control!
How? Trust Him. Listen to Him.
And how do we to that?
- Read His Word! He tells us what we need to know about how He wants things done. He talks about those things listed above, find them, study them, learn from His Word about them.
- Listen to His Holy Spirit! John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. It is that “still small voice” that you hear telling you how to go the right way.
- Pray for help. Ask Him to show you how and give you strength to give Him control over your life.
I challenge you to pick, at the least, one of the items above, or anything that you know you are not giving Him control of, and begin to give Him control. Pray, seek, listen!
Let me know your results! I am working on seeking His truth about what and how much I should eat so that I can get this body to glorify Him!