Ok, I must say this meal feels like cheating! But when you are lazy, like I get sometimes, but want to look like you worked hard, this is the way to go!
I am new to this blogging stuff and eventually I will produce better pictures, but for now, these will do to help you out!
- Chicken: I used frozen cooked chicken! I have used canned chicken, rinsed and drained. A large can would do 5, this time I just pulled out pieces out of the bag of frozen chicken to fill each enchilada.
- Flour Tortillas: 5 in this case.
- Cream Cheese: For 5 I used about 2/3 of a package.
- Canned Green Chilis: I used one little can for mine. I could have used more! I love, love, love them!
- Canned Enchilada Sauce: 1 can. I had a large can and did not use it all. I usually use green, but today, alas, I only had red. I like red, but I love green enchilada sauce! Your choice.
- Shredded Cheese: Appx. 1 cup. Today I used Sharp Cheddar, but that was because I did not have the Mexican blend which I prefer.
Oven: 350 degrees. I did not preheat my oven because I was using a stone dish. I have heard you should not preheat to avoid breakage. I just love I don’t have to wait for it to pre-heat!
So here is the easy run down!
- Pour some sauce in the bottom of the pan to cover it.
- Cut about 1/2 inch of cream cheese and put on a tortilla.
- Place some chicken on top of cream cheese.
- Place some green chilis on top of the chicken. Sometimes I add more cream cheese. I am one who believes one cannot use too much cheese!
- Roll up the tortilla and place the folded part down in the sauce.
- Repeat until you feel like all your tummies will be full!
- Pour more sauce over to top to cover tortillas.
- If any chilis are left put them on top of the sauce.
- Add cheese to the top of the sauce.
- Cook in oven until VERY bubbly, and all cheese is melted. About 45-50 minutes if you use frozen chicken and 30-40 minutes if canned chicken.
That is it. Easy peasy! And oh so yummy!
I hope you enjoy. Leave a comment if you try it!